Tuesday, March 21

Update 6.3.3.:G I C J:.

If anybody's wondering what all those initials stood for... they stand for Google India Code Jam. 2006. The qualification round of which is going to end on 21st March 2006. at noon. After which the top 500 coders will be invited for an online contest, from which the top 50 will get cash prizes. The top ten get job offers from Google.... And as if this wasn't enough... the cash prizes will wipe out all your financial worries... for the rest of your college life !!! The winner gets 122000... and the person who comes 50th gets 18k.
My personal performance in GICJ was ok..... was able to solve both the problems... though I lost a lot of points bcoz I wasn't conversant with ISO C++... hell.... 610.85 points out of a possible 1250 should be amongst the top 500. I'm praying.....

and while I'm at it... I can shed a couple of tears for my dismal performance in Robocode 6.1...
Got questions wrong which were as simple as: If the size of an int in Java is 4 bytes on a 32 bit Pentium machine, what will be it's size on a 64 bit AMD Athlon ?
Can you believe that??? This is a lesson for all of you.... Never take anything for granted...

Gotta go and sleep...
Good Night...

-ONE
I don't think. Therefore I may not be...

2 comments:

Suchintya said...

Hi !!! I linked to your blog... you might want to take a look... http://facelessind.blogspot.com/

The Goddess said...

whoa! it really astounds me that somoene actually cares about byte sizes and all that.

I code too, but its a more... umm... cant really explain. I'm into a different kind of detail altogether.