Friday, November 24

One Year

Here's to an year of blogging.

Of listening to The Pink Floyd Sound, The Who & The Doors, day-in and day-out, minus the Mary Janes, and wondering about life the universe and everything.

Of learning more about the inner workings of my brain. and realising how utterly pointless the task is. Of enjoying every moment life throws at me. no matter what shade of grey it might be.
I had thought of doing something to mark this anniversary that is typical nikhil kumar verma. different. So, here i am typing from a moving car , actually a trekker, on my way to a splendid buffet breakfast that awaits me at Capitol Hill, one of the better places in the town to eat and make merry. and to consider that in 4 days my end term papers start. and i have to start preparing for those papers.

However, this time around, i know something. that it's gonna work out just fine. some how. i am clueless as to the exact path that i am gona take to leave this place, my alma mater, that has taught me so much. to live. to love. to fail. to getup and face the new day. not from a hope of seeing the greener grass on the other side. no. just cause it's worth it.

When i initially started bloggin, it was more of a fad than a passion. people i knew and respected blogged to express themselves. So i tried too. to see what my POV looks like once its outta my head and in front of my eyes.

Honestly, it was pathetic. I sucked at expressing myself. but, hey i was enjoying myself, and that was what all this was about. my niche. where it was my word against the world's. and my rules. na, not really, it was more of a deluded rambling. a outpouring of random flashes from my brain. reducing the digital divide between me and the rest of humanity. but seriously, who gives a fig about that.

I dont count my self as one of the bloggers i would read. really. i have come across blogs and people who really have the gift of communicating. of letting ideas and opinions flow through words. it really is a beautiful feeling. to learn something about the world from a totally different perspective. The world as i know it. from behind a stranger's eyes. Living someone's else life through their words even though you know nothing about the person. but hey, isnt that what the information age is supposed to be? bring the world and it's people closer. Freeing your mind.
what started as a half witted idea of two morons ruminating over fingerchips and a glass of special coffee on a cold november night an year ago has evolved into something much bigger than just a bulletin board for thoughts and views on life in BIT..

I cant say what it will become or how long it will be around, but here's to BITRIP, an year old and still kicking.
Cheers.

4 comments:

Ujjwal said...

Cheers to that!!

Anonymous said...

CHEERS and a few BEERS to that ! hehe... guess it is nearing the time that you start looking for somebody to pass the mantle of this blog onto!

I Am Nikhil said...

actually i have exactly one year left in this place, and we already have Lioness, from 2k5.

Anonymous said...

i agree...lioness does a pretty interesting job...